November 26, 2007

A New Start For An Old Exercise

This afternoon, I sit back with my work colleague about what we do whenever it comes to a spare time. He is a blogger, just as I am. We started to chat about exercise. I mean sports. At a moment before, I was complaining about my dis pleasant condition which is always sleepy and tired all the work time. My friend noticed this. He said that whenever I was working on the computer, I used to stretch my hands upwards, lean backwards onto the backseat, while opening my mouth largely, “hoaahhmm...”.

“I did?” asked me. He nodded.
Well, honestly I did remember that habit. I remember that I always pauses my work off the computer and start to take the stance and then... blah... I am a sleepy and tired person. At first, I wasn’t get annoyed by this habit. But then I started to think about the causes and possibilities which drove me into such habit.

I was a smoker. A great one. I admit it because I used to smoke 2 packs of cigarette everyday. I enjoyed smoking but slowly it decreased my body resilience. As we know, cigarette contains millions of toxic items which induce body to acquire health degradation including those deadly diseases. In seven or ten years, you may have tuberculosis, and a heart attack, or stroke in another chance. But I’ve only smoke for five years, so my body had just its beginning. Woke up in the morning with stiff all over the body, I never feel fresh and enthusiastic everyday. All day of tiredness.

Fortunately, I broke my relationship with tobacco nearly 7 months ago. Thanks to my girlfriend whom encourages me to strict the eagerness of smoking, until now. After the breakout, I realized that my body resilience increased. That morning stiff never comes again, as well as my gone better appetite. My life had gone better, until my friend said in the first paragraph. I am a tired and sleepy person.

I’ve read some references about health and then thought back what kinda thing have I left undone. It finally drove me onto a conclusion. A word. Exercise. Yup. Exercise. I haven’t done that for almost.. 3 years. Oh my... Last time I went for jog was in middle 2004. And no more exercises till now.

As aforementioned, that I am a blogger [beginner actually] who used to sit hourly in front of a computer. I am also a graphic designer in a printing company who also sits more hourly and make a symbiosis along with the monitor, the mouse, and the keyboard. Thus, I am lack of body activity.

Our conversations forwarded on what kind of sports he preferred and how he did the exercise. He likes to swim and jog. Poor me, I'm not able to swim. Although I've tried for several times to arrange a swim class along with my mates who also cannot swim, the result returned for zero. By means that we cannot go to the swimming class altogether. We blame it all for the cause of jobs and works to accomplish. What a bunch of losers!
Thus, I cannot swim until now.

Then I said to myself that I had to start an exercise right now. Whatever it kinds, I should get my body move on the track. Get the sweat. I decided to jog. This afternoon. No hell to wait.

No comments: